Release schedule

torp

Verified User
Is there a release schedule for Dovecot?

I.e. when will Dovecot be a part of a default DA installation?

Which bugs have currently been reported (and not yet fixed) with the DA todovecot conversion script?

I've been dying to convert every day for four months. But I've managed to contain myself so far. This beta testing forum is very short, which I presume is either (1) people haven't attempted conversion yet, or (2) the conversion works great.

My feelings exactly! I dont feel comfortable with UW IMAP, previously I have used Courier in a few implimentations.

I check the board / patch notes daily, eagerly awaiting the news its safe to go ahead and patch my production system over to this.

I would also appreciate feedback on how this has gone for people that have tried it.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a public bug report list, only a developer mailing list archive at http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/. So I can't see exactly how many open and critical bug reports there are.

However, Dovecot seems to be nearing a release candidate soon, and most bugs seem to be ironed out. My posting therefore relates specifically to the DA conversion script, and any compatibility issues with DA and Dovecot.

If anyone has any input, I'd really appreciate it. If not I'll have to assume that noone has really done a successful conversion on a production box of DA yet, and that the risks in doing so would be unknown.

Back