newbie to skins and DA customisation

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi,

How can I remove the link to UebiMiau webmail client from the control panel?

we only want to offer and support Squirrelmail

Neil

:D

Hello,

You could also set it up so that domain.com/webmail also goes to squirrelmail by editing the main /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and changing the /webmail alias to match the /squirrelmail alias.

Skins are located in:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/*

the email file should be:
./user/email/email.html

Note that if you make changes to the default of power_user skin, your changes will be overwritten when DirectAdmin updates itself, so it's recommend that you copy the skin name directory and create your own copy to use. (should show up in the skin list)

John

Changing Webmail screen

Hi If I change my webmail screen i.e get rid of the Uei screen, where do I upload the files on my domains?

Thanks

straight over my head that went, do I create the folder somewhere in public_html?

/var/www/html/webmail/themes/default

I believe this is a central copy and you will therefore only be able to modify the skin if you have admin privileges although I may be wrong.

Chris

ProWebUK said:
I believe this is a central copy and you will therefore only be able to modify the skin if you have admin (root) privileges

If it is a central copy you would have to contact your host, although all resellers / sites and admins will use that login, not just you so it may be disallowed by the host.

Chris

Ok, im a dweeb on this, i have never messed with skins before, what exactly is a central copy? - I purchased my services from hostelite I have 2000mb and 25,000 bandwidth, i have about 20 domains running which all have their own webmail the only folders I see when i connect through FTP is Public_Html, mail and cgi bin

ctasystems said:
Ok, im a dweeb on this, i have never messed with skins before, what exactly is a central copy? - I purchased my services from hostelite I have 2000mb and 25,000 bandwidth, i have about 20 domains running which all have their own webmail the only folders I see when i connect through FTP is Public_Html, mail and cgi bin

A central copy is basically 1 main copy on the server that all accounts use.

All your accounts have an alias of the main copy, basically:

domain.com > alias > MAIN_WEBMAIL
domain2.com > alias > MAIN_WEBMAIL
etc.

you modify MAIN_WEBMAIL on the server then every domain gets affected by it.

The reason to having a centralized copy is to save resources. To have squirrelmail on 1 individual domain would use around 8mb, put that on 200 domains and you have used 1.6GB when you can have the central copy and use only 8mb.

What you could do is ask your host to make a copy of the current uebimiau and rename the directory then add a different httpd alias, eg /anything, although again this will affect other sites which may be a reason which the host could decline the request.

Chris

Back