Increase squirrelmail timeout

Suirrelmail uses PHP so to do so you would probably haver to modify your php timeout setting.

Chris

php.ini as a general php setting.... its usually set a fait bit lower than 5 minutes though :-/ unless DA default is 5 mins?

Chris

This is for the DA people, do i have to change the php.ini's under the directadmin/customapache too?

prophecy said:
This is for the DA people, do i have to change the php.ini's under the directadmin/customapache too?

This wont make any difference unless you are recompiling php / apache with php

Chris

Looks like it's probably this in php.ini

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

So default is 1440 (24 minutes) which ain't too short.

Hello,

The php.ini is only written if the previous file doesn't exist. If there is already one there, it's not changed.

John

prophecy said:
Looks like it's probably this in php.ini

So default is 1440 (24 minutes) which ain't too short.

default_socket_timeout is more than likely the one you need ;)

Chris

socket timeout has nothing to do with what I need, I want session timeout.

If the problem was whilst you were downloading an attachment or such, then it would be socket you need to modify. The reason why phpMyAdmin often failes at restoring large databases is due to the socket connecton timing out with MyAdmin being unable to restore in 60 seconds)

Chris

Just to confirm the problem, you're logged into SquirrelMail, you're typing away, and when you click send you get the login screen?

John

I am not exactly sure, but it sounds like something like that. It's a customer that reported it saying that it was only like 5 minutes though. So not sure if squirrel has a different parameter for setting session timeouts rather than the php.ini timeout. Here's exactly what he said.

webmail is better, but it times out after 3-5 minutes... kinda sucks if you are in the middle of typing a long message - can you increase the timeout trigger?

prophecy said:
Here's exactly what he said.

Looking at that it appears the session timeouts are the problem, I had a feeling the problem was occuring during the downloads or large emails /attachments in which case it would of been the socket.

you may want to have the customer confirm this if the problem has not het been solved :)

Chris

WEBMAIL PROBLEM WITH SESSION TIMEOUT :
==================================

i changed it in my php.ini :

to session.gc_maxlifetime = 2440

and i put $idle_timeout = 40; //minutes
in the config.php of webmail uebimiau

and always after 10 minutes.. webmail is logoff ..

normal ?

i want stay in the webmail 40 minuts,.. not 5-10 minuts

Back