Load Balancing

cybertechweb

Verified User
Hi..

Im trying to figure out how to best use direct admin in a multi server environment..

What i want to do is set up one server with nfs/mail/dns/ftp
and then have a couple comps for apache/direct admin..

This is something i could normally do, but with DA im not sure what i need to do to make this work or if its even practical.

thanks
Jason

Hello,

This has been mentioned a few times, but DA isn't yet designed to work accross multiple systems. Some people have set it up with dns using the secondary system as a slave dns server, but apart from that, all the settings would have to be moved by some other means (cron and rsync or something) Also, not sure where the ftp account would go if ftp is on one server and apache is on the other ;) But there are other issues like logs and stats and disk usage which wouldn't be syncronized accross mutilple systems.

John

Ok thanks,

its not really a major issue but i look forward to seeing it added down the road. With this feature along with centralized administration you would definitely knock the socks off the competition.

Really great piece of software you got here, keep up the good work.

We'd love to see this also. I think it could be achieved with some custom scripts, but I'm not sure how big a job it would be.

The separations that are most useful seem to be:

Web: apache, ftp
Database: mysql, postgres
Email: exim, ipop, imap
DNS: named

Even just the possibility to split into two servers Web/Database and Email/DNS would be a great improvement. H-Sphere is the only CP product to currently do it, as far as I know.

Back