diagnostic script

Lem0nHead

Verified User
hello

there're some common problems that may have happened when a user complain that he can't access his accounts, like:
1) account is suspended
2) account used more bandwidth/space than assigned (may be suspended or not)
2) he deleted some important file (like the public_html symlink and/or domains/DOMAIN/public_html )
3) permissions problem on important domains
4) no index page (if Options Indexes isn't configured)

to list a few
I'm thinking about making a PHP script that would probably run as root (theorically it could run with apache user (phpmodule without open_basedir), since apache usually has access to some of this dirs, but it wouldn't be able to check some permissions)
notice, for security reasons, it will only have read access (won't "fix" anything)
I'll also try to make it as secure as possible, so commands can't be injected and so on (I doubt it would be possible, since the only input would be the username, that can be checked to be a letter/number at most 32 chars maybe)

well
that's the idea
but since I belive many people needs that, I'd like to know if someone can colaborate on exactly what can be checked (ie, each dirs, the correct permissions, etc...)
or even if someone can help coding

everybody who colaborate will get a copy if I finish it (what's probably)
I may make it GPL later, but I'd like to first incentivate people to colaborate (if not on coding, on hints to what to check)

thanks

Nice idea. A general test would be good. You know for when you set up a server to save you the hassle of checking everything manually. Overall I think you are onto something here.

Back