osticket piping problems with da

jmccoy

Verified User
I had this script working on my old cpanel server fine but it is causeing trouble on my DA box. I have an email address piped to a perl file in my cgi-bin to automaticly import the email into a mysql db for the osticket software only problem i have is that when i send an email to the piped email the server responds with this email.

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
at (eval 1) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.net/public_html/cgi-bin/automail.pl line 55

Is this a problem with the setup of the server or is this a problem with osticket and something on my server?

Thanks
Justin

Ensure you have the perl modules that are mentioned in that error. You can use a script named perldiver (search google) to check what perl modules you have installed.

Chris

Hello,

It would seem that the mysql.so is linked to a file that doesn't exist. I would recommend compiling DBD::mysql from scratch so that it finds the correct libraries.

John

Ok thats an idea to try also, another idea that osticket had was to recompile perl with mysql enabled. Whould anyone be so kinda as to help me out with a how two so that i could try both im a windows guy, and im trying my best to get away from it and go linux but im not that good yet.

Thanks
Justin

Back