newbie prob with mysql

thommo

Hi
I'm trying to install a chat script on one of my sites. This is the first time I have tried to set up a database file. I have read the info on site-helper and have set up my database using direct admin. However, my script doesn't seem to recognise it and I'm getting an error report saying:

Software error:
DBI connect('database=mthomson_ralfchat;host=localhost','mthomson__chat',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'mthomson__chat@localhost' (Using password: YES) at shared.cgi line 486

Software error:
[Sat Dec 6 13:25:16 2003] dbi.cgi: DBI connect('database=mthomson_ralfchat;host=localhost','mthomson__chat',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'mthomson__chat@localhost' (Using password: YES) at shared.cgi line 486
Compilation failed in require at dbi.cgi line 22.

Corresponding script entries for the DB are:

# <DBI>
# DBI (Data Base Interface)
# set to 1 if you want to use the DBI
$use_dbi = 1;
# user for DBI
$dbi_user = 'mthomson__chat';
# password for DBI
$dbi_password = 'hidden!';
# database
$dbi_database = 'mthomson_ralfchat';
# host
$dbi_host = 'localhost';
# DSN (Data Source Name for the DBI)
$dbi_dsn = "DBI:mysql:database=$dbi_database;host=$dbi_host";
# set to one if your DBMS supports primary keys (eg. MySQL)
$use_primary_keys = 1;
# </DBI>

What am I doing wrong? Many thanks in advance for suggestions- this is doing my head in

:confused:

(when I preview this post, mthomson_chat in the script above looks like there is more than one underscore- but there isn't)

As far as I am able to tell, I have set all permissions correctly.

Martin

thommo said:
(when I preview this post, mthomson_chat in the script above looks like there is more than one underscore- but there isn't)

Are you sure, paste it and you can see the above is clearly 1 underscore whereas:

thommo said:

Is most definitely 2 underscores.

Double check that firstly, as i think that is your problem.

Chris

Re: Re: newbie prob with mysql

ProWebUK said:
Are you sure, paste it and you can see the above is clearly 1 underscore whereas:

Is most definitely 2 underscores.

Double check that firstly, as i think that is your problem.

Chris

No it's definitely one underscore. I've no idea why it shows up like that- here's a re checked re paste

definitely one underscore but it looks like 2 again in the post!
wierd

any other ideas?

Martin

Re: Re: Re: newbie prob with mysql

thommo said:
No it's definitely one underscore. I've no idea why it shows up like that- here's a re checked re paste

definitely one underscore but it looks like 2 again in the post!
wierd

Ok seems very weird, instead of copying from script > forum try remove the one _ here then copy / paste from forum > script

Chris

Back