FrontPage problem.

binnekill

Before going any further, I'd like to be certain that this is the right forum to ask about FP upload errors. Is it?

:confused:

You can certainly ask. But the only answer will usually be to reinstall FrontPage for the user. And if that doesn't work, reinstall FrontPage as part of customapache.

Even Microsoft no longer supports FPX.

Jeff

The following error appears 95% of the time. The upload will chug along, for a while, and then this appears:

403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server.

However, every now and again, it doesn't, and the upload works; about one time in 20.

For the same site? If so that's weird.

The next time it works, use the file manager to check the ownerships and rights, so you can change them back later when it doesn't work.

Unless you can shell in as root you can only change permissions, not ownerships, and only for files you own, but perhaps you can get your hosting company to fix it for you.

Jeff

I am getting this same error for a client. I reinstalled it, same problem. Did anyone find a reason for it?

The problem was due to dos evasive filters. I laxed some security and it works. DE thought FrontPage was a DOs Attack. LOL.

Back