Admin running program under different userid?

Webcart

Verified User
Hello,

I am wondering whether API can be used to execute a program under given userid?

Thank you.

Hello,

When the admin user is specified the DirectAdmin API can execute commands that modify other system users.

However, the only way to execute any program on a user id other than intended is to create a setuid wrapper.

What are you trying to do? I honestly doubt a setuid wrapper is required.

Thanks, Phil.

Thank you for your reply.

We periodically issue update packs for our e-commerce solution (Webcart) and would like our support stuff to be able to upgrade the clients with 1 click, w/o having to log in via SSH.

The update script should be executed from a command line and we would like to avoid its modification if possible.

I'm not the programmer here (Onno is) but I believe you can do what you want by writing a plugin to send a command to the scheduler, which runs as root.

Jeff

jlasman said:
I'm not the programmer here (Onno is) but I believe you can do what you want by writing a plugin to send a command to the scheduler, which runs as root.

Jeff

Thank you for your reply.
Is there any documentation available for plugin developers? I couldn't find any, looks like undocumented feature to me :)

jlasman said:
When I googled, I found this.

Thanks, I found that too, but this looks more like reference, which in addition implies familiarity with skin development.

I am rather looking for something like HOWTO or quick start guide or dev guide, isn't something like that available?

Back