Need to be able to read users password file

hostpc.com

Verified User
We've been, for the past several months, developing a billing system, customer database that is near perfect. We've got some final tweaks to do to implement authorize.net / eprocessing network, ccbill, etc - and the last step, creating as a DA plugin (that requires SSL connections to the CP).

I need the ability to read the users password file to verify they're logging in with the same pwd as the DA control panel. This same process is used by SiteZen and to some extent, Installatron. I need to know how this is done.

Once that's done, we can put it through it's final paces - and release it.

Can anyone assist on what part of this puzzle we're missing - finding the users password and decrypting it / reading.

Thanks

Joe

nm, I found the file needed, /etc/virtual/domain/passwd ... but I need to know what method is used to encrypt the pwd? MD5?

Hey,

There's a CMD_API_VERIFY_PASSWORD API. That might help if you wanted to check logins to a 3rdparty application against DA.

Installatron uses a different method though; plugins can login to the API without needing a password. This only works for the user that is executing the plugin code (the current logged-in user). Details here:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=362

Hopefully that will help.

Good luck, Phil.

Back