extra service?

outpernet

Verified User
it would be great, for us and for you, if you can offer an optional service to maintain the operative system updated, not only the control panel, sure for an extra cost.

Just run up2date periodically - it's painless and it basically does everything for you - or else use a managed server location.

Joe

We don't plan on becoming responsible for system issues, so running something like up2date is a great choice, or getting someone to handle your server(s) for you. We have a couple DirectAdmin customers / forum members that do this kind of work.

Mark

It is a fairly simple keeping servers flowing until problems come up, when that happens its always much better to get a server administrator if you do not know what you are doing.

If your looking for managed server packages or just direct management without servers you can PM me and I can get you some information regarding the servers or pass you on to some managed only providers that I know of with good reputations.

Chris

outpernet said:
it would be great, for us and for you, if you can offer an optional service to maintain the operative system updated, not only the control panel, sure for an extra cost.
As others have suggested, running up2date (if you're using Linux) on a regular basis should help keep your system updated.

But RHL is about to EOL all up2date support for 7.x and 8 versions of RHL, effective the end of this month, and for RHL 9 effective the middle of 2004.

Upgrades will be available after those dates (you'd have to install them yourself) from a company called Progeny; see http://www.progeny.com/products/transition/.

We offer systems administration services; Mark wrote me that I could tell you we do that, but that I couldn't post prices on this forum :) .

So contact us or one of the other companies that offer the service, or do it yourself :) .

Jeff

Back