I realy need to create users with 3 chars

MagnuM

Verified User
Hello, I saw that the username length may be modified to accept 14 chars, but I have 2 domains with 3 chars (like dog.ro for example) and want to create users with 3 chars length, but this is not possible.

You think you can inlude this feature in next upgrade?

Can you tell me an aproximative date, when this feature will be available. I'd like to be added in the next upgrade, if it is possible.

Thanks.

There is an option on the home page to tell you when and what is going to be in the next version.

Next version is today or tomorrow.

Well, I know that page, beause I consult it all the time, but never go to see all versions link.

Sorry, and thanks.

Directly under the main links

Current Version: 1.204 [ view version history ]

Chris

OK, I make the upgrade to 1.20.5, and it says there at the 3 chars users feature review, from www.directadmin.com/versions.php: Drop the minimum username length to 3, specified in the directadmin.conf file.

Well I just edit the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file and don't see a variable to do that, only the old max_username_length variable, which is used to specify the maximum length of a user.

There are some new tips that I need to know?

Last edited:
MagnuM said:
OK, I make the upgrade to 1.20.5, and it says there at the 3 chars users feature review, from www.directadmin.com/versions.php: Drop the minimum username length to 3, specified in the directadmin.conf file.

Well I just edit the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file and don't see a variable to do that, only the old max_username_length variable, which is used to specify the maximum length of a user.

There are some new tips that I need to know?

Not going to guarantee this will work although add the following line directly under the max_username_length variable

min_username_length

Like i said not sure, total guess although it appears the right thing to do :p

Chris

Hello,

Sorry about that. The skins need changing too.. and now that I look more deeply there is also some code that need more tweeking. :p When it works, there won't be any changes required in the directadmin.conf.

John

For real this time ;)

I've already tested it here, and it works. If you really need it badly, you could just email us your OS and we can get the build to you, but you'd have to have the email in our inbox first thing tomorrow morning (Monday Dec 22nd) as I'm going out of town in the afternoon for 5 days. I'll still be around for the forum and emails (I hope is slows a bit), but our build systems will be out of my reach during that time (back on the 27th).

John

Thanks, but I think I will wait for the next upgrade?

There is a hurry, but no so badly.

Thanks again.

Any chance we can get that max_user_length max of 14 moved up to 16 for us FreeBSD users? Or is there a good reason for it that I am not aware of?

Big Wil

Back