PhP enabled? phpBB Problem

thommo

I'm trying to install phpBB. I have succesfully installed it onto another site hosted by easyspace but I am having problems on my directadmin related site. I already have a php chatroom running succesfully with a mysql database set up from my domain. I have set up a new database and user for phpBB but when I try and run the install page within the script folder, I get a page of gibberish code. PhpBB forums suggest that this is a problem with the installation/activation of PhP. Now, as I already have this working for my chat room- I can't see how this can be the problem?

All permission have been correctly set (AFAIK) and files have been uploaded in the correct mode.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I would ask my host but they'd send me to site-helper, and if I asked on phpBB they tell me to check with my host :)

yours newbie-ley

:confused:

Hello,

You probably don't have php enabled.
1) User Panel -> Advanced Options -> Host Additional Domain -> yourdomain.com -> see if PHP is checked off. If you can't check it off, then:
2) check your "Account Info / Stats" page to see if you are allowed to have php. If it's OFF, then:
3) Ask your reseller to give you PHP, he can check if he's allowed to create Users with PHP. He can check in Reseller Panel -> Reseller Stats. If it's set to off:
4) tell the admin to give it to him. Admin Panel -> List Modify Resellers -> reseller -> Modify Reseller username -> check off PHP and click save.

Then the whole process 4-1 will have to be checked off. Also, both the Admin and Reseller should check their packages to ensure that PHP is enabled. When the PHP on/off feature was added, php was given to all existing accounts, but not to packages, so any new accounts created with with an unmodified package won't get PHP access.

John

thanks very much for your reply- you're right, I can't check it and it is disabled- so have contacted the reseller to see if it can be arranged.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon- wish I'd understood this before I spent 6 hours trying to install it! Still, we all have to start somewhere

;)

thanks again

Martin

Back