StyleSmooth Direct Admin Skin Released

fazel3

Verified User
Style Smooth enhances the look of your default DirectAdmin installation by
replacing those tired dull tones with a brand spanking new interface complete
with a shiny silver finish, electric blue highlights and smooth rollovers.

Supercharge your Direct Admin installation today by purchasing one of our
varied Style Smooth licenses and we will provide you with:

- Style Smooth Skin a new intuitive front end for Direct Admin
- Installation Help and a downloadable installation manual
- Free Updates for six months

Homepage: http://www.stylesmooth.net
Demos: http://www.stylesmooth.net/demo.htm

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought this was the best place for it? If i put it in the skin forums (which is for asking help/free skins) I would be spamming the board.

Is this not the advertising section?

Oh my apologies, it isn't ... would a moderator be able to move the post for me?

If the skin's source code is anything like the http://www.stylesmooth.net site then its very poor at the least. Tables should not be used for layout only for tabular data. Use divs and style sheets.

Thats my opinion,
Grant

Why don't you try the demo on the stylesmooth website fella - apart from the code produced by DA itself, the skin is coded in strict XHTML/CSS :)

A lot of users have actually complimented the speed of the skin. Not offended greatly, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why you didn't take a look at the demo before posting? :confused:

Commercial product announcements belong in the advertising forum, I've moved the thread.

I can't say anything about the skin because I can't load it.

I run mozilla-firefox 1.0.2 on Mandriva Linux, and whenever I try I get a long delay after I type in the username and password, followed by a complete browser lockup; I have to kill the browser from the command line and reload it.

You probably already know your links are wrong.

Jeff

I can't say anything about the skin because I can't load it.

I run mozilla-firefox 1.0.2 on Mandriva Linux, and whenever I try I get a long delay after I type in the username and password, followed by a complete browser lockup; I have to kill the browser from the command line and reload it.

Thank you for moving the thread for me, I've just tried logging into the demo myself - I had no problems.

You can try the demo here as well:

http://www.royalservant.net:2222

The usual usernames and passwords apply.

You probably already know your links are wrong.

What links are you refering to?

fazel3 said:
Thank you for moving the thread for me, I've just tried logging into the demo myself - I had no problems.

You can try the demo here as well:

http://www.royalservant.net:2222
It doesn't work for me with the specific system I mentioned. The new one doesn't either. If I wait long enough it locks up Firefox.

It works from my laptop using IE 6.0.2900. However on that system it does show me a reason I can't use it; using a minimum screen resolution (my laptop is only 1024x768) that bottom section takes up too much screen real estate and doesn't leave me enough in the scroll area to be useful :( .

It's a goodlooking skin, and the price is good, too, but I couldn't recommend it until it worked in my Mozilla Firefox environment.
What links are you refering to?
The ones you changed when you edited the first post in the thread a few minutes ago :) .

Jeff

jlasman said:
It doesn't work for me with the specific system I mentioned. The new one doesn't either. If I wait long enough it locks up Firefox.

It works from my laptop using IE 6.0.2900. However on that system it does show me a reason I can't use it; using a minimum screen resolution (my laptop is only 1024x768) that bottom section takes up too much screen real estate and doesn't leave me enough in the scroll area to be useful :( .

It's a goodlooking skin, and the price is good, too, but I couldn't recommend it until it worked in my Mozilla Firefox environment.

The ones you changed when you edited the first post in the thread a few minutes ago :) .

Jeff

I couldn't actually figure out what links you meant until I clicked on the demo page (2nd link) on my first post. I realized you must have meant those and edited them - thanks for spotting that :)

By the way my screen resolution is 1024x768 and judging by the stats on visitors who try out the style smooth demo it seems to account for 25% of the visitors. The rest having screen sizes above that resolution. It looks fine for me, but I guess different people have different tastes. I am toying with the idea of actually ditching the quick links and moving the user level section to the header which would mean I could cut down a lot of space below the resource table. A lot of people have suggested this by email - what do you think?

I don't actually use your system so I can't comment although I don't see why it shouldn't work on your system. Are you sure it is not a local problem with your system settings? I don't see how the skin can cause any problems? It is simple html and css - the enhanced skin should cause similar problems for you if mine does!

Thanks for your comments though... I'm glad you did eventually get to see it :)

fazel3 said:
I couldn't actually figure out what links you meant until I clicked on the demo page (2nd link) on my first post. I realized you must have meant those and edited them - thanks for spotting that :)
You're welcome.
By the way my screen resolution is 1024x768 and judging by the stats on visitors who try out the style smooth demo it seems to account for 25% of the visitors. The rest having screen sizes above that resolution. It looks fine for me, but I guess different people have different tastes.
I need to actually see some of the important stuff on the page without scrolling :) .
I am toying with the idea of actually ditching the quick links and moving the user level section to the header which would mean I could cut down a lot of space below the resource table. A lot of people have suggested this by email - what do you think?
It would work better for me.
I don't actually use your system so I can't comment although I don't see why it shouldn't work on your system. Are you sure it is not a local problem with your system settings? I don't see how the skin can cause any problems? It is simple html and css - the enhanced skin should cause similar problems for you if mine does!
I use the enhanced skin without difficulties. All I can tell you is what happens on my desktop system. My system has no special settings of any kind. I just tried it with Opera and it works fine with Opera. But it needs to work with Mozilla if it's to work for us.

I'll be building more desktop systems here in the near future; ask me again in a week :) .

Jeff

Any idea whats happened to the stylesmooth guys?

Their DA skin was looking really good, then their website went down and has been down for weeks and now has a spurious message on their domain http://www.stylesmooth.net

Just as well I didn't buy the skin at the time!

Neil :D

Back