Load on DirectAdmin Server

shrinivasd

Verified User
Hello all,
I am using directadmin server from last 1.5 yrs.There was no problem at all.But now the system is taking too much of load at intermediate interval.Load on the system goes from 5.0 to 450,936,670,886,etc. immediately.The exim and httpd proc
ess is taking too much of load(TOP process o/p).Please help me where can i find the logs regarding this load or processes happening in the background in the directadmin system.

RAM = 2 GB
CPU INFO = Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

If you want to find the logs you can of course do it from the command line or log into your server as admin and select log viewer.

Directadmin leaves the logs in the standard places for the applications as far as I know.

i have seen the logviewer but its not showing the problem/logs regarding the system load.
My system is taking load irreguraly at any day.I have checked all logs and system messeges but not found any info.

thanks
shrinivas.

DamnSkippy said:
If you want to find the logs you can of course do it from the command line or log into your server as admin and select log viewer.

Directadmin leaves the logs in the standard places for the applications as far as I know.

Have you tried the command

top -ci

You can see which programs are causing the load and what commandline they use.

You could also run a script which sends you an mail with a dump of top -ci, whenever the load reaches a set amount.
I can post that if you like.

Back