Help with navigation menu trouble

Zachary

Verified User
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with a menu that links to all DA settings on every page (Kinda like ensim's skin). The problem with it is that the menu needs a parsed |DOMAIN| for most links to work, except file manager, trouble ticket, password change, etc. (It returns a domain=none on such pages rendering the links unusable)

Is there anyway to allow |DOMAIN| to run through pages which doesn't require the token to be present? tried adding it to all links (/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?domain=|DOMAIN|) but file manager screwed up after 2 levels. It gave some crap like http://IP:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/domain.com/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?DOMAIN=none

It wasn't a problem with the default skin in that all links appear on the main page with CMD_SHOW_DOMAIN setting the DOMAIN token.

I've attached a screenshot of my skin as well.

And is there a way to parse BANDWIDTH and BANDWIDTHMAX into percentages? like how many percent of BANDWIDTHMAX is BANDWIDTH. would like to do a percentage bar of avail resources. php seems like a great idea but i don't know how.

Ideas? :)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 329
Hmm. Well the Filemanager isn't really domain dependant so I'm not sure that passing a domain would make sense. Try doulble checking "domain" vs "DOMAIN" as it's used inconsistently through the skins.

John

isn't it case insensitive?

i know it's not domain specific and that's why the menu returns a domain=none when i go into each user specific page. the nav menu only returns the domain on pages that returns the domain but not user pages. that pretty much screws the menu up.

i intend to hide/disable multiple domain support and will want every user to be limited to only 1 domain.

its case-sensitive. i suggest you to set own variable at the beginning of every script.

if script has |DOMAIN| then use something like |?MY_DOMAIN=`DOMAIN`|, if script has |domain| then use something like |?MY_DOMAIN=`domain`| and if it doesn't have domain then |?MY_DOMAIN=| and then in header/footer/menu/wherever use variable |MY_DOMAIN| instead.

CyberAlien said:
its case-sensitive. i suggest you to set own variable at the beginning of every script.

if script has |DOMAIN| then use something like |?MY_DOMAIN=`DOMAIN`|, if script has |domain| then use something like |?MY_DOMAIN=`domain`| and if it doesn't have domain then |?MY_DOMAIN=| and then in header/footer/menu/wherever use variable |MY_DOMAIN| instead.

Actually, the domain token specifically is case-insensitive. You can use |domain| or |DOMAIN| and achieve the same results.

loopforever said:
Actually, the domain token specifically is case-insensitive. You can use |domain| or |DOMAIN| and achieve the same results.
nope. it is case-sensitive.

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with a menu that links to all DA settings on every page (Kinda like ensim's skin). The problem with it is that the menu needs a parsed |DOMAIN| for most links to work, except file manager, trouble ticket, password change, etc. (It returns a domain=none on such pages rendering the links unusable)

Is there anyway to allow |DOMAIN| to run through pages which doesn't require the token to be present? tried adding it to all links (/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?domain=|DOMAIN|) but file manager screwed up after 2 levels. It gave some crap like http://IP:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/domain.com/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?DOMAIN=none

It wasn't a problem with the default skin in that all links appear on the main page with CMD_SHOW_DOMAIN setting the DOMAIN token.

I've attached a screenshot of my skin as well.

And is there a way to parse BANDWIDTH and BANDWIDTHMAX into percentages? like how many percent of BANDWIDTHMAX is BANDWIDTH. would like to do a percentage bar of avail resources. php seems like a great idea but i don't know how.

Ideas? :)

I know this is a very old thread, but did you resolve this? I too have exactly the same problem, but do not know how to solve. I have posted a new thread, see link below, but have not had anyone response yet.

Perhaps you can help?

My post is here: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18926

Cheers

Neil :D

Back