Unable to add new users in DA

Rob T

Verified User
I am setting up my first DirectAdmin server, and I think everything has gone fairly well so far. I have my admin account and main domain name working properly, nameservers set up, etc.

I have run into problems now that I want to add additional users to the server. When I try to add a a new user, I get the following error message:

Error Creating User girls

Details

User Already Exists

I have searched through the forums here and can't find any similar problems or what might be causing this. Any ideas? The only user on the server currently is the default admin user. I have tried adding normal users and a new reseller, but both resulted in the same error.

Thanks

Hello,

That error will occur when the "useradd" (or "pw" for FreeBSD) commands fail. You can see why they are failing by manually testing them out.

Redhat
Code:
/usr/sbin/useradd -m  -s /bin/false girls
/usr/sbin/userdel -r girls

FreeBSD
Code:
/usr/sbin/pw useradd -n girls -s /sbin/nologin -w no -h 0 -m
/usr/sbin/pw userdel -n girls -r

The error message should come up. Either the account already does exist, or the appropriate error will be provided.

John

No Errors Reported

I can run /usr/sbin/useradd without any problems at all - it just adds the user.

After doing a useradd/userdel in shell, I can now add users in DA. However, I am using a different browser now than I was previously (Using Opera rather than IE) I wonder if it could be related to that? I'll try it in IE a bit later and see what I come up with.

Back