SQL backup restore

mfacer

Verified User
Hey,

I am trying to move my vbulletin forum from my old server to the new one which uses Direct admin (which is great btw!)

I have used the backup facility on vbulletin to create a 65Mb .sql file.... when I tried to upload that in myPHPadmin it waits a few seconds then goes to "This page cannot be displayed"

I then tried to do a gZip backup from myphpadmin on the old server, then tried using the Direct Admin backup restore for .gz files... that said the same thing.

has anyone had this problem? I tried opening the SQL file to copy n paste the SQL code - I thought I could paste the SQL files in... but its too large and crashes my PC!!

- can anyone offer any help!? thanks!

(btw.. it is a reseller acc I have, but its for one of the accounts on the account from 8.95.com)

This is an issue you should resolve with your hosting provider, not DirectAdmin. However, just to lead you in the right direction, the problem is that your backup file is too large for PHP to handle (file size is too big). Send it to your host and have him restore it via mysqldump.

thanks for the help guys!

Just downloaded mysql_front and am trying to connect now! :confused:

I'm trying to connect to the IP address, because the domain name has not yet resolved, and it says "Unable to connect to xxx"

- ah well, will persist!!

ps.. I have allowed access from my IP in the user panel (mysql options) :)

Hello,

By default DA has a 10 meg upload limit, which can be changed.

Instead of waiting for your domain to resolve, you could always connect directly to the IP instead of the domain name. Also, you'll need to make sure that your host doens't have a firewall blocking port 3306.

John

Back