Anti Virus Software

subhosting

Verified User
Hi,

we are looking for someone that is willing to assist us
for an nice and reasonable amount of $$$ offcource with installing anti virus software on an server running direct admin

so who can help us :)

[email protected]
phone : +31 23 533 59 76

Are you looking for server wide protection or just incoming and outgoing email?

Chris

I would be able to get spamassassin / mailscanner / clam antivirus all tied into each other, you would have incoming and outgoing mail virus checks and also have the possibility to simple run 'clamscan -r' to search your whole server for viruses. The virus database of clam is one that gets updated and automatic updates are done via cron.

If you wanted this done it may be around 3 days before i get time to do the work.

Can i ask what operating system you are running also....

Chris

Nice, seriously tell me if you get this up and running i would so love to have that one !!!

This virus crap coming in e-mail is really starting to drive me WILD !!! I would love to incorporate an AV on my server.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NICE

if you would e-mail me directly, that would rock..... i don't check the fourms all the time.

[email protected]

Edited by ProWebUK to remove language

If both of you could email me at [email protected] with some basic information (below) I will try get something sorted ASAP, if you are unable I will try to get in contact with both of you once I get some free time.

Been much busier than expected over the last few days and have not had time for virtually anything extra than what I already have!

If you could provide your OS name and if you have mailscanner etc setup it would also be a great help for me to get some of the configurations done early.

Chris

Yes, clamav is free :D

I've been using it on my own servers for some time now, MailScanner works perfectly.

The installation was kinda tricky but when i was done configuring everything, i could update the virus scanner software, it would automatically scan the server for virusses ever day, scan all e-mail for spam and virusses (although the spam filter is far from perfect), but my clients like it :)

edit:
In response to the message of Subhosting below my message; check your e-mail ;)

Last edited:
ok verry nice al this stories ,

but my question was,

i some one willing to install an antivirus ( mail scanner )
on one of our direct admin server just on one server to evaluate

we pay per hour ofcource.

or that some one could send us an working installation manual.
exim is new to us. we used postfix before....

You could follow the Howto from this forum. It's not that hard to setup and you might learn a thing or two.

Back