Creating VPS servers

modem

Verified User
While I've been doing hosting for businesses, many of them have been extremely content with Shared Hosting with little need for Virtual Private hosting. However I've had a few people come to me and ask me if I offer VPS. Unfortunately at the moment I do not, but sad to say it's because I'm unsure how to setup a VPS server. Does DA run on a VPS setup? Is this something I need to modify at the OS level or in the control panel level? How do I go about this?

yep i could use some pointers also

Well i can muddle and get linux up and running and edit some files and install some software if i have a good howto, just throwing away the bad habits from using windows since ver. 2.0 one at a time. I know the general concept of virtual servers but not ready to just jump in. I have a a test server setup with centos 4.2 and waiting for a good howto and someone else to try first :) -- watching and ?

hostu

Lastest DA runs fine on our VPSes. Currently we put DA on CentOS4.3 X86_64 VPS and it has been very stable. The VPS once properly setup, is just a normal server;therefore, no need for extra configuration when you want to run DA on it.

Back