Mysql - Download Backup

DRKT

Verified User
Hi!

In section MYSQL we can make an individual backup each data base? But I tested it and my customers also and that does not make Backup.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean.... are you making a backup through the directadmin backup utilities or are you making the backup with phpmyadmin.

Chris

"Mysql Databases" section in DA. (Download Backup) in .gz. when clicks on "Download" we download a .gz file but the file of backup is empty.

Hello,

Try out DA 1.20.5 (which I'll force out in a day or so).. it's already released, but it uses a higher privilege for the mysql dump, so the password issue will vanish. (database restore still requires correct passwords)

John

I made tests it with version 1.20.5. And when I download the file gz, the data are not there. It does not ask me any password.

Hello,

Well, it's not an authentication issue then. It must either be a mysql error, or else the database is empty. Try manually doing:
Code:
/usr/bin/mysqldump -uusername -p --add-drop-table --all --extended-insert --quick --no-create-db name | /usr/bin/gzip > /home/tmp/file.gz

That's what it does to a temp location before sending the file to you. Also checkout the /var/log/directadmin/error.log for any possible clues. Or to state the obvious, login to phpmyadmin and double check the there is data in the database :)

If the file is still empty, how large is the gz file once it's downloaded? When I extract it manually, it create a tar file, but the "tar" file is actually the raw sql file, and there is no tarball at all. Just a quirk in the way my uncompressor program works in windows.

John

Back