a week later.... Still getting 2013

RustyDreams

Verified User
If anyone can offer any help I sure would appreciate it.

I can go to my address and login to phpmyadmin so I know my password, Ip and user are all correct. Then I see the database and that is correct as well..

But I am trying to get to the database from software running on XP pro. Have tryed about every GUI package out there and all fail with the same thing... Timeouts...

I am using port 2222 as is indicated for logging on...

Totally stumped and frustrated.. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Errol

RustyDreams said:
I am using port 2222 as is indicated for logging on...

Port 2222 is DirectAdmin, DirectAdmin is not MySQL and therefore will not work!

Remote MySQL is on port 3306, also ensure this port is not blocked by your firewall if you have one.

Chris

3306 gives me a 1045

The 1045 comes immediately. Where as using the other port took a bit of time..

I just am really stumped...

Thanks though...

Errol

Error 1045 means it has successfully connected to the server, although you do not have privileges to access the database you are trying to connect to.

server: your ip address
port: 3306

username: same as phpmyadmin
password: same as phpmyadmin

log into phpmyadmin as the user then click the database on the left, if you dont get any errors there your database name, username or password are incorrect

Chris

phpmyadmin

I have always been able to go into phpmyadmin.. Either through DA or simply by typing in my url/phpmyadmin and then user and password..

I have set the userID in DA to have all rights..

That is what is so confusing.. Not only my lack of knowledge and experience, but also all of the reading I have done, well it seems like this should not be so complicated...

Is there any security settings that could be interfering?

Thanks again so much for your help..

Errol

If you want PM me your username / pass and IP address for the mysql user and i will take a look.

Your connecting to the server ok so the problem is with your authentication.

Are you running a firewall on your server? also, can you access the database with that user via shell.

Chris

Just for future reference the fix I found for the problem is stated below - not a directadmin problem but something users may get confused over :)

Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (using password: YES)

go into directadmin select your database, you should see 'access hosts' at the bottom aswell as a form with a add host button.

Add the SOMETHING.YOURISP.COM (based on the error above) into the form and click add host. You should now be able to successfully make a connection.

Chris

cs170105-53.sport.rr.com is what is after the @. I added it and still get a 1045 <sigh>. I appreciate your help but if this is the wrong place, then can you point me to somewhere else or someone else I can try?

thanks again...
Errol

Re: 1045...

RustyDreams said:
cs170105-53.sport.rr.com is what is after the @. I added it and still get a 1045 <sigh>. I appreciate your help but if this is the wrong place, then can you point me to somewhere else or someone else I can try?

thanks again...
Errol

When I tried with the information you provided me I had the same problem, that solution fixed it immediately.

Ensure that when you add the host into DirectAdmin that the cases of each letter are correct to that of the error.

You most definitely have the privileges since like I have said, you are getting the response from mysql and i have since connected successfully.

Chris

SOrry for not responcing sooner..

It was late and I called it a night..

I got it working this morning.. Something real dumb...

When I go to the site and logon.. I do it as I have always. I capitalize my password first letter. Logging into phpadmin via I.E.6 - well it works fine..

For some reason when I capitalize the first letter in these packages, it fails. I decided to try using lower case..

And it worked on 2 packages!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! AMEN!

This is the best present I could have gotten!!!

Errol

Back