SpamAssassin 3.1.5 released

I tried to install the new version of Mail-SpamAssassin (3.1.5) but I getting this problems:

These I have installed:
optional module missing: IP::Country
optional module missing: Archive::Tar
optional module missing: IO::Zlib
optional module missing: Time::HiRes

If I do "make test" I get an error with these:
optional module missing: Net::Ident
optional module missing: IO::Socket::INET6

These I can't find:
optional module missing: Razor2
optional module missing: DBI

Is there coming an official DirectAdmin version? So we can use /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/spam.sh

It is a FC3 server.

Kind regards
Maarten

I just upgraded to the 3.1.4 version .. tried to do a manual to 3.1.5 and it doesnt seem to have taken but anyway spamd is running but its not actually working on tagging spam. I am no longer getting the headers anymore.

Here is what I am confused about in the log (this is the first thing in the log after a fresh server reboot):
Oct 4 01:47:06 vaelio spamd[521]: logger: removing stderr method
Oct 4 01:47:10 vaelio spamd[534]: config: failed to parse line, skipping: transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -u ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency 'RAZOR2_CHECK'
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency 'DCC_CHECK'
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: spamd: server started on port 783/tcp (running version 3.1.4)
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: spamd: server pid: 534
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid 614
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid 615
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: prefork: child states: IS
Oct 4 01:47:11 vaelio spamd[534]: prefork: child states: II

I have double checked my exim.conf, reboot the server and still nothing.

Please help!

Last edited:
ok the problem is still happening but I commented out the "transport_filter" line out of /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and that error no longer shows up in the logs.

Now the odd thing is that its working on one of the accounts / domains but for somereason its not happening on one of my accounts. Still no spamassassin headers and I am now receiving 5-10 emails every hour that are spam that used to be dumped into the ether.

Please someone save me from this spam hell!

Ok since I am a total noob I ended up realizing I had perl 5.6.2 install and upgraded to 5.8.6 then reinstalled spamassassin and restarted spamd and exim and BAM ... it fixed itself...

maybe I will try to get it up to spamassassin up to 3.1.5 I got 3.1.4 installed.

Back