MySQL Version 4.0.17 Now Available

OK. I thought you were updating all the software that you were installing since those don't come with our base OS.

The DA apps don't show up in the rpm DB, but those applications that we update manually will? Could that create conflicts?

Do you have or plan to have a table of compatibility so that we know for sure that the new version of an application that we want to install doesn't cause any problem?

It's just a problem for me because I have a managed service that comes with my server and the NOC takes care of all the OS patches and those extra DA packages won't be included. So I need to make sure I don't break everything =)

Last edited:
To my knowledge there are no specific mysql configurations that DA sets or relies on. MySQL is just a binary package that's installed and accessed by other DA-config dependent software (PHP/Apache/etc...).

My suggestion is to just backup /etc/my.cnf (if you even have one) and then go ahead and install the update via rpm. If something goes wrong, just rpm -e it and that's that.

Well, the conf file is here:
/usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf

It's a different location from /etc/my.cnf, but I think the update will pick it up.

I put this together a while ago and to the best of my knowledge it still works.

Code:
wget [url]http://www.l0rdphi1.com/junk/update.mysql.sh[/url]
sh update.mysql.sh

Just an FYI, the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf file has nothing to do with how MySQL runs, it just stores the info that DA uses to access MYSQL to modify databases and database users.

John

l0rdphi1 said:
I put this together a while ago and to the best of my knowledge it still works.

Code:
wget [url]http://www.l0rdphi1.com/junk/update.mysql.sh[/url]
sh update.mysql.sh

It works perfectly :)

Took a peek at the code and then backupped all my databases, than i just hit the large button called enter, entered the new version number and installation began. Was succesfully finished in a matter of seconds... (although mysql-server still gives unnessecary output :D)

Back