Looking for some people to share server with

felosi

Verified User
Last few months I have been trying to sell hosting to help pay for the server I use which is mainly for projects and to house my main website. We had done been through so many shared plans we were forced to get a server.

What we use it for now basically is development, testing, and security related research. IRC, teamspeak, and a few other things.

I am going to get out of hosting sales all together because It is taking too much time away from my projects and I cant watch everyones site to make sure they dont have forbidden items or spam.

So basically I am looking for a few people to split on this server with. All shares will be at cost, this is a non profit thing. I never really meant to get in hosting I just had a few people who was supposed to do this at first back out on me.

People this would be ideal for is someone looking for a large reseller, developers as we will install any module or software you need, people with large websites, gaming clans, etc:

The resellers however will have to be in full control over their domains and monitor them for illegal activity and such. You will be responsible for what you host.

There will be no support tickets and all that just me on msn to install what you need or in case there is a problem. That is as far as support will go so if you dont know your way around a server or how to take care of your own clients then this probably isnt for you. I will also be managing the server and doing full backups every other night.

People with shares will have all access except root which anything you need configured or installed I will do.

Only terms of service are no spam and no illegal activity. I dont care how many domains or what you put on them you are just responsible for them.

So anyway, of course this is a directadmin server with 300 days left on installatron, pentium 4 3.2ghz cpu, 1 gig ram, 147 gb hd, and 1000 gb bandwidth. The entire server bill is only $160 a month
All security software like apf, bfd, dos deflate, and all that is installed and configured properly as well as grsecurity kernel.

Anyone who needs a server for developing web apps, something for multi-purposes you cant do anywhere else, etc: Is what Im looking for. And those who would like to have a large reseller, again I say you must know your way around a server and take care of your own clients. You dont contact me unless you need something installed, something is broke, or need some configuration.

No small accounts. only large shares of the server such as 1/3 , 1/2, and 1/4. this is not a hosting sale it is a server cooperative.

Notice:: This is not an advertisement for hosting I am just looking for people to share this server with, It is all non profit and can provide proof of what the server costs, specs, etc:

I'd recommend that you get a cheaper server, if you'd like a dedicated server but don't need the full CPU speed. I'm using www.easyspeedy.com, which works well, and costs €49/month for the cheapest option. That would mean you'd pay less than half of what you're paying today.

see what we do is security testing, kernel patch testing, different configurations, security modules, etc; and then we write howtos and articles about them plus we alone have a fairly high traffic site so we couldnt do on a smaller server.
We just dont use the server for putting up a few websites, it has all kinds of purposes. We once tried a budget server, a celeron, and it didnt work out.
When we first got this server there was a few people all gung ho to split on it then they disappeared when we got it. So I was forced to try and sell hosting.
I have been paying most out of pocket, letely I would just like to share the bill with someone like me who needs a flexible and fast server where they can do projects and all that good stuff.
I will find someone eventually. A smaller server or vps just would not suffice, You would not belive all the shared hosting we went through the first year because of traffic and other things.

Back