PDA

View Full Version : Installation Issues [FreeBSD 5.1]



alpha
12-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Okay, I assume this issue is because of parsing problem for finding the network device for FreeBSD 5.1:

Everything in <alligator brackets> have been edited out for security purposes.

Here's the initial installation prompts:

Enter your hostname : <hostname>
Client ID: <XXX>
License ID: <XXX>
Hostname: <hostname>
Is this correct? (y,n) : y
Is rl0
rl0 your network adaptor with the license IP? (y,n) : n
Enter the name of the ethernet device you wish to use : rl0
Is #ifconfig_rl0="DHCP"
11.111.111.111 the IP in your license? (y,n) : 11.111.111.111

DirectAdmin will now be install on: FreeBSD 5.1
Is this correct? (must match license) (y,n) : y

Not sure if this was supposed to do this, but it seems get unnecessary information from the network configurations file.


The following information has been set:

Admin username: admin
Admin password: <password>
Admin email: admin@<hostname>


Server IP: #ifconfig_rl0="DHCP"
Server Hostname: <hostname>

To login now, follow this link:

http://#ifconfig_rl0="DHCP":2222

As a result, after everything has been successfully compiled, the installer says the IP address is #ifconfig_rl0="DHCP" and points me to http://#ifconfig_rl0="DHCP":2222 for logging into DirectAdmin.

Also, I've tried logging in to the http://<main ip address>:2222 and it doesn't seem like DirectAdmin is running at all.

alpha
12-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, figured out why Apache weren't running at all:

in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf the <VirtualHost> directives were like this:
<VirtualHost #ifconfig_rl0="DHCP":80>...</VirtualHost>

So :) As you can imagine- Apache didn't like that at all and spit out errors.

alpha
12-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Update:

Hrm, that's weird. I just ran the installation script again and it seems like although it still doesn't detect the IP exactly, when I correct the values for the ethernet device and IP address - the install works.

alpha
12-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Ah-

in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf:

it read:
ethernet_dev=xl0
when it should be:
ethernet_dev=rl0
Fixed and restarted DirectAdmin without any errors.

I'm able to log into DA now and have went through the initial setup steps to get the server going. Every looks okay now eve after the minor installation issues I had :)

DirectAdmin Support
12-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Hello,

Ok, that isn't supposed to happen :)

It checks the /etc/rc.conf file for the information and greps and cuts the information out of it.


cat /etc/rc.conf | grep ifconfig | cut -d\ -f2
cat /etc/rc.conf | grep ifconfig | cut -d\" -f2 | cut -d\ -f5

*should* return the IP and the netmask..

Perhaps if you could provide the contents of that file, we'd be able to see why it got the wrong information.

John

alpha
12-21-2003, 11:18 PM
# Mon Dec 22 01:24:00 2003
# Created: Mon Dec 22 01:24:00 2003
# Enable network daemons for user convenience.
# Please make all changes to this file, not to /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
#hostname="host.domain.com"
#ifconfig_rl0="DHCP"
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
linux_enable="YES"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"
# Mon Dec 22 07:50:33 2003
ifconfig_rl0="inet xx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.248"
defaultrouter="xx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
hostname="host.domain.com"

alpha
12-21-2003, 11:21 PM
ok, that explains it...

I didn't even bother looking in setup.sh :rolleyes: so I wasn't exactly sure where the script was getting the information...

I've taken the first ifconfig line out and it seems to be detecting things fine.