New account in system - dovecot not worked..

NukLeoN

Verified User
If you create new account in DirectAdmin and make e-mail for this account, you can not recieve mail from pop connection (Dovecot damon).

For example, today i recieved mail from our client (resseler) about this problem.

gate# telnet mail.domen 110
Trying *.*.*.* ...
Connected to mail.domen.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Dovecot ready.
user test@domen
+OK
pass 123456
+OK Logged in.

Connection closed by foreign host.
In mail.log i have seen:

Sep 7 11:53:11 wwh dovecot[36825]: pop3-login: Login: user=<test@domen>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Sep 7 11:53:11 wwh dovecot[36825]: POP3(test@domen): link(/home/user/imap/domen/test/Maildir/.temp.hostname.13300.9a16983021d8fb76, /home/user/imap/domen/test/Maildir/dovecot.index.log.newlock) failed: Operation not permitted
Sep 7 11:53:11 wwh dovecot[36825]: POP3(test@domen): file_dotlock_open() failed with file /home/user/imap/domen/test/Maildir/dovecot.index.log: Operation not permitted

Well, after this i checked permissions on this folder (/home/user/imap/domen/test/Maildir/) and seen, that permissions are user:user.. why? permissions must be user:mail.. This is bug of DirectAdmin. Please, fix it.

Dovecot version: 1.0.rc7
DirectAdmin version: 1.27.5

The directories were not being created with the account if they were missing, eg /home/username/imap wasn't there yet.
I've fixed it for the next release to check for the missing imap directory and create all paths. In your case, exim noticed the missing directories and created them, but it doesn't set the "mail" user which is needed for dovecot.

Previous testing was done with Spamassassin enabled, which creates and sets the directories, hence it was missed with SA turned off.

John

Back