POP3 daemon not interpreting headers properly...

loopforever

Verified User
I've noticed this problem since day one, but it hasn't really bugged me much until now :p...and now it just annoys the hell out of me...

This pop3 service does not interpret new line characters in e-mail headers properly. A vast majority of e-mails are sent with \r\n line breaks, but when receiving these messages the headers are ignored and interpreted as part of the message body (and therefore output in a user's e-mail).

E-Mails with headers using JUST \n to seperate them are correctly received and displayed.

So, my question is, how can we have this POP3 daemon configured so it accepts messages with both \n and \r\n line breaks in the headers?

Thanks ;)!

Hello,

I've never noticed that myself... which version are you using? Probably a speperate issue, but there was a bug in 1.1.6 that didn't handle certain message ID and outputted an extra newline. We have 1.1.7e available if you havn't upgraded already. I can look further into the issue when I return after the holidays :)

John

I remember reading about this recently, perhaps on the exim-users mailing list.

It's a problem with the sending program; it's not following RFCs for constructing headers.

How to fix it? I don't remember if there was a fix or not.

Jeff

Back