Backups fail ftp_put -- firewall help?

bjseiler

Verified User
I am 95% sure this is not a directadmin problem, but I figured maybe someone has an idea for me. Running FreeBSD 5.4 and the newest DA.

My data center recently gave me another new IP block but unfortunately, it is not in the same subnet or even IP range so I have two different subnet in my cabinet. On the outside I have a monowall firewall which then goes into a HP switch which my servers all connect to.

All of the servers in both IP ranges are working to the outside world, but something happens when a server from one IP range tries to work with the other IP range.

Example 1 - I was at the data center doing server updates and my laptop was connected on IP range A and connected via SSH to servers on IP range B. Things seem to be going fine until the updates started to slow and then eventually SSH just kicked me out.

Example 2 - I have a NAS backup server on IP range A and some of the servers on IP range B are getting these errors in my backup logs

User abcprofit has been backed up.

Warning: ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation timed out (60)
in /usr/local/directadmin/- on line 37

Warning: ftp_put(): Type set to I. in /usr/local/directadmin/- on line 37

I am sure this is probably a networking or firewall issue I am just ignorant about but because it kind of works most of the time, I am a little stumped. Thanks!

Back