Changing nameserver to be Primary server

aushost

Verified User
Recently We had to change IPs for our servers, but things got mixed up. On one server it is showing ns2 as the Primary and on the other server for the main domain it is showing ns3 as the Primary server. Can you tell me how I can change these back to ns1 as the Primary?

Hello,

It should be relatively simple to just change the DNS records for the domain's zone..

Admin Panel -> DNS Administration -> domain.com

If you want to change the NS's that DA assigns to new users, just change them in:

Admin Panel -> Admin Settings -> set ns1 and ns2.

Reseller Panel -> Nameservers -> set ns1 and ns2 in the bottom table on the screen.

John

Yes I understand this, and I have done what you have suggested for future domains, but I still have the problem of ns2 showing as the primary. Could it be the IP range ns1 being 62.xxx.xxx.xxx and ns2 being 64.xxx.xxx.xxx ? In otherwords do the ranges descend therefore the IPs should be reversed?

I think that I have found the problem its in the servers "own user data" ns2 is listed as the primary (ns1), I switched them in this section but cannot save the changes it reverts back to ns2 being the primary.

There is a small but where the admin can't save his own data:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=267

However, all the changes that go along with the setting change will have taken place (dns entries etc).. so it should still be working. You can manually change those settings by editing:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/user.conf

John

Back