Installing new SSL certificate makes DA time out...

SlashChick

Verified User
Trying to install a new SSL certificate on a domain. I am trying to install it as the domain user, not the 'admin' user.

I generated a key, bought an SSL certificate, and pasted it in. DA takes forever to load the next page, and then comes back with:

Your connection has timed out

Details

Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

Any idea on what could be happening?

BTW, this happens regardless of whether I try to install it in the box that has the key or the "CA Root Certificate" box. (That really needs to be explained better; what's the difference?)

Hello,

The process that DA uses when reading in a pasted cert/key is to first seperate the values, then to verify them. It runs:

/usr/bin/openssl x509 -modulus
/usr/bin/openssl rsa -modulus

on the cert and key, respectivly. (pasted on the standard input). Those are the only two commands that might end up hanging, so you could test them out to see if they work when you do it manually. Failing that, you can send your ip, root pass, da login/pass and cert/key to us so we can have a look see ([email protected]).

The main screen has the input for the regular certificate/key. The CA Root Certificate is used for validating that the certificate you have is a certified cert, signed by a major signing authority. The value for the CA Root Cert will be a certificate that is publicly available from the signing authority's website.

John

Sorry to kick such an old thread back up, but I've just gotten the same error here with a certain user.
Is there any known solution I can try, or should I just send a nice e-mail containing the current root pass ?

Hello,

The first thing you should try is increasing the timeout in case the does actually need more time. Next thing is to try running the commands listed above, and pasting the certificate/key as described. Failing all of that, just send the ip, root pass, admin login/pass, cert and key to [email protected].

John

It worked when I tried it manually.
I think the person who tried it made a mistake while trying it, since after that I did it as an test, to another site, and that kinda worked perfectly...

But still thanks for the response :)

Back