Installing DA on another CP

hddweb

Verified User
What happens if you try to install DA on top of a server that has Ensim? Is it at all possible?

Are you trying to run both at the same time or do you want it instead of ensim?

I want to use DA instead of Ensim. The tech's at EV1 installed Ensim prematurely after a system restore and will charge me again to have the HD re-restored :(

There has to be a guide on uninstalling ensim somewhere online. I recently installed directadmin on a system running plesk.

From what I've read it's not possible, removing Ensim will damage the OS...what a lousy CP Ensim is!

hddweb said:
From what I've read it's not possible, removing Ensim will damage the OS...what a lousy CP Ensim is!
Ensim uses a lot of its own RPMs. But removing them may not make the server unable to run DA, because DA starts with a fairly empty install. For example, when we install CentOS for DA, we don't check to add any packages.

Warning: I cannot promise you that uninstalling ensim won't make your server unusable, but if they're going to charge you anyway, what have you got to lose :) ?

Jeff

yea that was my reasoning, I got nothing to lose. Anyway I found an ensim uninstall script on ev1's forum. It ran without a hitch and I was able to install DA w/o any problems! Thanks for the help guys.

Back