Adjusting domain quotas within my reseller account

finlayj

Verified User
I have a reseller account on my host's server to manage my 9 domains. Because I thought it would be the best way to simplify management of my domains, I have no user accounts under my account, just my main reseller account.

All of my domains are under this single account. When I set them up, I set disk space quotas, which one domain has now exceeded. DA is helpfully sending me daily reminders of the offending domain's transgression. I'd like to adjust the quota upward to make the reminders stop, though!

I can't seem to find a way under the Reseller CP or the User CP for my account to adjust these quotas. My reseller says it's not possible to get to those quotas because of the way I set this up and my only hope of fixing this is to setup a user account to manage these domains. I'd really rather not risk breaking my setup by moving folders around on the server to accommodate a new user account.

Is there some way I can adjust these quotas or am I stuck with having to redo my setup?

You can change the quota from the users command.

ip:2222/CMD_USER_SHOW

if that's not solving the problem perhaps the user's own quota is enabled. You have to login as that domain and then go to advanced options and then host additional domains.

:2222/CMD_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS

there you can set diskspace quota's as well.

[EDIT]
You can also have a look at http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1547 which is concerned with the same problem.

Thank you S2S-Robert!

CMD_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS was exactly what I was looking for. :)

I had used that area to add the domains, but it never occurred to me that this would also be the location of the domain quotas.

Solving what I thought was an unsolvable problem is a great way to start the new year! I'll share this info with my host, too.

Hello,

Perhaps a re-wording of "Host Additional Domains" is in order.. something like "Control Domains" .. or something that describes the adding *and* modification of domains would clear up some confusion.

John

Hello John-

I agree with your notion that renaming that page would be a good idea. The location of the domain controls was not intutitive to me. :)

John

Logically, it's actually supposed to go to the very first thing you see when you log in. Like a tree, you have to start somewhere (pick a domain and then move on).. but because most people only have 1 domain, DA automatically forwards them past this first page (which does have a link to the domain control), to their main domain account screen (if they only have 1 domain). I'll look into rewording it.

John

Back