File Manager upload chmod bug

l0rdphi1

Verified User
When files are uploaded via the File Manager they are set to chmod 600. This means files must be changed to chmod 644 before they can be viewed. Can this be fixed?

I checked it at my server and the same goes for my server. CHMOD is indeed set to 600 with people unable to view their uploaded files :)

After CHMOD to 755 (default in the filemanager) the users are able to view it.

I think the filemanager is for people who find FTP hard to use. Those people are not likely to know to change the CHMOD to a higher number, so I think it's best to make the default viewable :)

S2S-Robert said:
I think the filemanager is for people who find FTP hard to use. Those people are not likely to know to change the CHMOD to a higher number, so I think it's best to make the default viewable :)

Agreed.

I have also had problems permisions set incorrectly when uploading my custom skins using the skins upload tool. Would this have anything to do with the file manager? If so it would be great if the permisions would be set corectly.

Thanks -Jason

jdlitson said:
I have also had problems permisions set incorrectly when uploading my custom skins using the skins upload tool. Would this have anything to do with the file manager? If so it would be great if the permisions would be set corectly.

Thanks -Jason
I don't know if you uploaded them using the file manager, but you can check the permissions in your ftp program.

In FlashFXP you right click on a file and choose "Attributes (CHMOD)". I don't use other FTP clients, but I'm sure every client has that option.

Then just change it to 755 and you should be able to use them :)

in most FTP prgrams its right click (on the remote section) and click the following:

attributes
CHMOD
file permissions
permissions

or similar ;)

if there is nothing on right click, select the file and take a quick look through your main menus :)

If you still cant find it consider getting a new FTP client, theres plenty around, cuteFTP (the best) and ws_FTP are 2 of the most popular FTP clients around, cute isn't free, ws_ftp is. :)

Chris

Hi SRS-Robert, When using ftp the file permisions would be correct. But when uploading the .tar.gz file using the skin upload tool the folder and other file permisions were set improperly. If it was just the folders no biggie. -Jason

How change default CHMOD for files, uploaded through DA FileManger, from 0755 to 0644 ?

Hello,

It's hardcoded, there are no options to change it.

If you are creative, you could use the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/all_post.sh script:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=672

and then check to see if the CMD_FILE_MANAGER was use, and if action=upload was passed.
If so, then read what "file1" is set to, and what "path" is set to, to figure out where the file was placed locally.

sample:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ "$command" = "CMD_FILE_MANAGER" ]; then
if [ "$action" = "upload" ]; then

echo "file1 is:  $file1 and path is $path for $username" >> /tmp/debug.txt

fi
fi
exit 0;
Where the above sample will dump the file, path, and username to /tmp/debug.txt .. check what values they're set to (I don't have the time to test this out, but just check) then throw together the correct path to the file.. and chmod to whatever you want ;)

John

Back