Adding domain aliases

villah

Verified User
Hi there,
We have recently started using DA and our first impressions are very positive! Thanks for this great piece of software! There are several things that strike us as strange or unlogical (might be just us) but we'll be posting these here in due time...

One of the things that I can't find right now is how to create alias domains. let's say a client has domain 123domain.com, but also 123domain.nl, 123domain.net and 123domain.info. Now this client wants all domains to be aliases for his primary domain (eg 123domain.com). This means there's one site where all URLs end up and all created email boxes work accross all domains (eg [email protected] = [email protected] = [email protected] etcetera). I am unable to find this functionality is DA... it's of great importance to us as most of our clients both have the .nl and .com/net version of their domain.

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
Hans

You could do this by using the custom httpd.conf feature and adding alias lines.

Chris

I noticed that, but that can only be done on admin level, not on reseller/user level, correct? Any chance that will change soon?

Features are being added all the time, whats not there thats wanted is in many cases possible and feature requests are always reviewed by DirectAdmin staff as far as i know, feel free to post the suggestion in the feature requests are of the forum if you wish.

Chris

Certainly is..... but there has to be an option to turn it on / off for the user and probably better with the default set to off...... since you dont want beginners playing around trying to enter a proftpd entry message in its place :rolleyes:

If you are going to allow it, you would more than likely want it for people who request such a feature since they would know what they are doing else its more than likely a disaster magnet. :D

Chris

Very true, but maybe a simple option to select a domain as an alias of another domain would suffice, instead of offering access to custom httpd config.... that would be asking for trouble!

It could be an option when adding an additional domain. "Is the domain you're adding: 1. a seperate domain with its own mailboxes and website or 2. an alias to an existing domain"

That would be sufficient on user level, maybe even on reseller level.

Back