Where can I change TTL ?

You can't in the control panel. You will have to login to the box and edit the zone file manually.

Hello,

or edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/named.db and resave the dns settings in DA. (Will affect all domains tho)

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

or edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/named.db and resave the dns settings in DA. (Will affect all domains tho)

John

Which things would you edit here?

!?TIME=XXX
$TTL XXX
and the last line in the SOA? (ie: 86400 to XXX) ?

I edited all of these and then went in and added some a new A record and it didn't change. Changed to 300 for all and still says old value.

oh, found why, i had a copy in custom directory, guess that takes preference? Probably shouldn't have changed the original now should I?

Hello,

Yes, the custom one has priority. If you want to use the defaut one, just delete the custom one. If you make changes to the default one, they'll stay until DA is updated, then it will be overwritten, which is why we have the custom folder :)

John

prophecy said:
I edited all of these and then went in and added some a new A record and it didn't change. Changed to 300 for all and still says old value.

Did you restart bind after making the chnages?

Chris

It's something else, to change all the zone files already on the box...

You have to make changes to each domain's DNS to get it to pick up the changes to the template file.

Iirc, what we did when we changed our master TTL was click on [delete] (without checking anything) for each domain.

Jeff

Back