Problems installing SSL cert

netmotiv8

Verified User
I purchased a QuickSSL cert (Geotrust) from rackshack however I dont think the installation of the cert in DA has worked, probably something I have done. I followed all the instructions as per the site-helper.com secure server pages. When using https://www.ssl-secure-server.co.uk/ I get a pop-up box saying untrusted and when I click on the 'lock' icon to check the cert details itsays the Issuer is Snake Oil CA etc etc ?????!!!

Anyone offer help, I have emailed rackshack with my probs and am waiting on reply but I thought I would post here to see if anyway had some helpful information.

Thanks

Neil
:D

I had the exact same problem with a rackshack cert, sent a trouble ticket to DA and John replied.

Hello,

I pasted the key and certificate into the box area, selected "paste" and now it's working.

Thank you,

John

I thought that was what I was doing but for some reason it didn't work for me.......

Done that and it still doesnt work and rackshack do not offer any technical support. :(

Any more suggestions?

Neil

Could always try sending a mail to support at DA and attach the cert see if they can figure out why it is not installing.
worked for me :D

netmotiv8 said:
Done that and it still doesnt work and rackshack do not offer any technical support. :(

Any more suggestions?

They do, keep on their case and if all else fails go to the forums and PM someone such as patrick.... hes usually the one that gets things sorted after mixups mistakes problems etc if support fail to help you.

Aslong as you can provide them access to your server and show them that the cert for that domain is actually the one provided by them they basically have to chnage it :D

Chris

I have a client who is using the RS certificate (Geotrust) and he also is having similar errors.

I tried pasting the RSA as well as the Certificate into the CA box, and get message that;

Success!

Details
CA Certificate is ok. Your site should be secure within a few minutes.

But it reverts back to the Server Certificate each time and does not use the clients certificate.

Update: I pasted the Certificate into the RSA box and now everything works as it should. Client said he would have done that as well, but the documentation on Site Helper does not say to do that step. This could be the answer some of the questions on this topic I have read on the forums.

Last edited:
I had made an error cutting and pasting the various keys. You will need to purchase another one. However RS have a policy where they will refund cost of the original cert when you purchase another. Here is a reply I received from them.

Dear Customer,

As a courtesy to our customers, if you purchase the new certificate within 7 days of
the original purchase date, we will issue a refund for the first certificate. In
order to get the refund you will need to contact us with the new Order Number within
these seven days. We will then request the cancellation of the first Certificate
and issue a refund when we receive confirmation from Geotrust that the first
Certificate is cancelled. Please keep in mind that due to the price that these
certificates are sold they are sold as is and even though we offer the courtesy of
limited technical assistance to our RackShack customers, it is not included in this
offer.

I did this, purchase new cert etc, got the refund.

I then managed to install the cert properly.

TO contact RS use this email address: [email protected]

Hope this is of some help.

Neil

Back