Own mailadress spam?

calimero1505

Verified User
Hi,

I installed Spamassasin on my server, but when i send email to my clients, they see it marked as ***SPAM***.

How do i turn this of?

(excuse for my english ;-))

Hello,

To turn it off, just re-add the # characters to the front of the spamassasin settings in the /etc/exim.conf file to make the "spamcheck_director" look like:
Code:
# Spam Assassin
#spamcheck_director:
#  driver = accept
#  condition =  "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}  } {1}{0}}"
#  retry_use_local_part
#  transport = spamcheck
#  no_verify
Then type
Code:
service exim restart
Alternatively, you could setup a white list and add your own email address to it :)

John

How can i setup a whitelist"?
Because i do not want to turn off the filter :(

Last edited:
How to make whitelist?

How can i setup a whitelist"?
Because i do not want to turn off the filter

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

To turn it off, just re-add the # characters to the front of the spamassasin settings in the /etc/exim.conf file to make the "spamcheck_director" look like:
Code:
# Spam Assassin
#spamcheck_director:
#  driver = accept
#  condition =  "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}  } {1}{0}}"
#  retry_use_local_part
#  transport = spamcheck
#  no_verify
Then type
Code:
service exim restart
Alternatively, you could setup a white list and add your own email address to it :)

John

I am having a very similar problem, except it is with all domains on the server. the individual domain settings are not taking effect, there seems to be a global setting that is overriding these and even the whitelists do not take effect.

is there a switch i need to change to make it use the domain settings?

I admit i have not made it through all of the posts here involving spamassassin settings and whatnot.

thomas
[email protected]

Back