Decent Squirrelmail skin would it work.

make a copy your current squirrelmail directory: /var/www/html/squirrelmai

Then just install :)

It shouldn't cause any problems and if it does you could simply run the included (with DA) squirrelmail.sh script to fix :))

Chris

Hello,

DirectAdmin isn't dependant any way on SquirrelMail. Not sure why you'd need to copy over the whole SM directory.. maybe it's just a config issue.. themes can be setup in the ./conifg/config.php file, if you want to do it manually.. but I think they probably have a reason. Then just go through and look for differences between their config.php and ours (probabably few), but go through it anyway to make sure some things arn't setup weirdly.

John

ok, i seem to have screwed this up. i renamed the orginal squirrelmail directory and then unpacked the new one. I was getting this error

Warning: Unknown(/var/www/html/squirrelmail/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/squirrelmail/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

so i renamed the orginal back and now i am getting the same error message. So i have lost squirrelmail completly.

Is there a way back??

Phil

Anybody tried it and in good shape ? I am interested in using that too. Sharing this would be good for those wanting different skin :)

Sun Joo

I have installed that version of squirrelmail on one of our boxes. You don't need to configure it just move it to /var/www/html and remove the old squirrelmail folder and replace it with this one.

The would be better to make a symbolic link to squirrelmail and call the folder something else like /squirrelmail_custom. This way if for some reason DA installes a new version of squirrelmail it won't delete your users preferences.

That depends on whether it's a skin only or some kind of rewrite (the sourceforge pages aren't specific on that).

If it's some kind of rewrite it may require a bit of fiddling to manage things properly, such as knowing what kind of return address to use on logical email address logins vs linux-based email address logins.

Care to try it?

Jeff

I looked around for a better template and found:

NutsMail is SquirrelMail Templates, Skins and Themes w/ popular plugins installed.

http://nutsmail.com/

I had my server admins install it (XP Silver) and I recently had them update to the lates version. So sorry I can't help w/ actual install info. Though I know they have directions on their site, looks pretty painless.

Hope this helps...
Gette

I just checked NutsMail now too. I hadn't checked them in over a year. Very nice work they are doing there as well. I will have to check that out for sure.

David

Back