"DA" Bug Thread

loopforever

Verified User
Welcome to DAbug thread! Rather than bombarding Mark and John with e-mails, informing them of minor bugs, I figured I'd start a thread. Here are the guidelines:

Problem: State your problem.
Did it work previously?: Yes/No
How can it be reproduced?: State how to reproduce the bug.
Notes: Additional information.

I'll start us off...

Problem: |USEREMAIL| token always reports "1"
Did it work previously? No
How can it be reproduced?: Place the |USEREMAIL| token in a skin, or look at an existing skin utilizing this token.
Notes: None

This is a bug? Have you tried creating another email account? ;) (works on my end, let me know if it doesn't on yours)

John

Now that I look at it further, I see that the number of e-mails is not determined on-the-fly - if the e-mail accounts are not created directly through DA, they are not counted.

Scratch the above bug ;).

I have 2 anomaly's (I know, the matrix;)):

* If you prevent a reseller from using SSH for both himself and customers, they are still able to use the checkbox to include SSH for users
* When creating reseller accounts you are only able to choose a dedicated ip for the reseller or the server's shared ip. It's not possible to add him on another shared ip which is NOT the server's main ip.

Hello,

The check boxes are part of the skin, so directadmin doesn't remove them. If you tried to create a user with SSH when the reseller didn't have ssh creation permissions, the user would automatically not have it enabled. This may be confusing, but DirectAdmin doesn't really have any way of editing skins :)

Anomaly #2. We have been notified of this and will add a third option asap... or just remove domain creation for Resellers all together. A workaround until then will be to assign the Reseller to the servers IP, get the reseller to set his new ip to shared, then move himself over to the new ip.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:

The check boxes are part of the skin, so directadmin doesn't remove them. If you tried to create a user with SSH when the reseller didn't have ssh creation permissions, the user would automatically not have it enabled. This may be confusing, but DirectAdmin doesn't really have any way of editing skins :)

Wouldn't it be possible to make the form in php and have "if ssh is enabled show field else dont show field" type script?

we don't have php integrated with DirectAdmin, so the best that would happen is that we'd have another token that adds "disabled" to the checkbox, then it would be greyed out.

John

Problem: MySQL Databases Fill Up /var
Did it work previously?: N/A
How can it be reproduced?: Create a tremendously large database, or one big enough to saturate /var
Notes: Keep all databases in the user's directory so they are counted towards their disk space quota and they stay on a larger partition. If the data remains in /var, the partition will eventually max out and cause mysql to crash and not start up again.

Problem: Out of control logs
Did it work previously?: N/A
How can it be reproduced?: Large log files consume client's disk space
Notes: Provide a feature in the User Panel that allows users to clear logs, or set them to be rotated every X days, or when logs reach Xmb. Heavily accessed sites will go well over their quota very quickly if things remain as they are now.

Ok, I think we'll recommend not having a /var partition... it's generally not created large enough. Note that the database size is already counted against the users total disk space.

John

Alright, we'll just have to symlink like crazy then :p.

Or...even better...everytime a new database is made via DA, symlink it to a database dir in the user's ~. Then you won't have to calculate DB size and tally it up with the users's disk space. You can just grab the total size of their home directory and let that be that :). What do you think?

Last edited:
Rotating log files would be nice.. the only thing is that webalizer needs the whole log for the entire month, or statistic holes will be created before the point the log was rotated... might have to create something that combines the logs into a temp file before webalizer is run. I'd have to look how it might work...

John

Back