SquirrelMail 1.4.9a Released

netfx

Verified User
The day after we released SquirrelMail 1.4.9 new cross site scripting issues were reported and immediately fixed. Therefor the decision to release 1.4.9a so short after the 1.4.9 release.

The 1.4.9a release contains multiple fixes for cross site scripting issues triggered by viewing html mail with Internet Explorer upto version 5.

The 1.4.9 release contains a fix for cross site scripting issues, a workaround for an issue in Internet Explorer and a collection of regular bugfixes. Details on all the changes in this release can be found in the ChangeLog and under the security section of our website.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/changelog.php

files.directadmin.com updated on dec 3rd:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/squirrelmail-1.4.9a.tar.gz

change the version in your /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/squirrelmail.sh to 1.4.9a, then run it.

John

Check the contents of your squirrelmail.sh script for this bit of code:
Code:
#this bit is to copy all of the preious setup to the new setup
if [ -e $ALIASPATH ]; then
        cp -f $ALIASPATH/data/* $REALPATH/data/
fi
which will copy the data over.

For the case you have too many files in the data directory for the "*" to handle, you'll see "argument list too long" (or something like that).
You can change the code to look like this:
Code:
#this bit is to copy all of the preious setup to the new setup
if [ -e $ALIASPATH ]; then
        cp -fR $ALIASPATH/data $REALPATH
fi
We'll be changing it to this version for the next release.

John

i would like to update my DA using this new squirrelmail... How can i do it ? Can someone assist me here with steps to do this, sorry i am not totally fluid in Linux.

Also is their a timeframe when this will be released in the new version. I just updated today and it was not in there.

thanks in advance,
Rob

Make sure you're running 1.28.6.
If you don't see it, let me know which OS you're not seeing the new SM version.

To update SM, type:

cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./squirrelmail.sh

John

my squirrelmail.sh already had the correct version and the correct copy info stuff in it.

So my upgrade was pretty un-eventful, which is nice.

Thanks for the good work.

Stange Goings On

files.directadmin.com updated on dec 3rd:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/squirrelmail-1.4.9a.tar.gz

change the version in your /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/squirrelmail.sh to 1.4.9a, then run it.

John
Hi

updated to latest squrrelmail but i get some strange things happening, i created some extea email accounts, when i login with account A and check mail, then logout and logback in with account B i get logged in to Account A , even though i have used Account B login and pass???????

Hi

updated to latest squrrelmail but i get some strange things happening, i created some extea email accounts, when i login with account A and check mail, then logout and logback in with account B i get logged in to Account A , even though i have used Account B login and pass???????

lol, your seeing issues with the sessions. Squirrel does that I noticed. Try using one account on IE and one on firefox ... That will keep the sessions separate. Or try one account and then another but not at the same time in the same browser...

lol, your seeing issues with the sessions. Squirrel does that I noticed. Try using one account on IE and one on firefox ... That will keep the sessions separate. Or try one account and then another but not at the same time in the same browser...
there must be a solution, i know what you mean about diff browsers but when you have customers who insist on ie then i cant just say use a diff browser, if this is a squirrel mail problem you would think squirrelmail wouild have addressed this by now:mad:

How many email accounts are you going to checking at once in webmail from one computer? It is designed for you to check one email account at a time from each pc. I never have had a complaint about that and I support over 3,000 emails on a single squirrel mail install.

How many email accounts are you going to checking at once in webmail from one computer? It is designed for you to check one email account at a time from each pc. I never have had a complaint about that and I support over 3,000 emails on a single squirrel mail install.
Im not complainint it customers, i dont use webmail much i use outlook, but some of my customers are picky and are complaining.

I did the update from 1.4.4-rc1, and it went nicely, but now I receive smtp errors, when I send an email via squiirrelmail :(

ERROR:
Connection refused
Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream.

Incoming emails are okay.

I can't see anything related in Exim Mainlog =/

Back