check POP mail account accessed ?

MarkF

Verified User
Hi,

I send an email to one of my clients addresses.

I receive the vacation message ok (pseudo autoresponder) & if I logo on to their webmail, I can see my test mail in their inbox.

If I click the refresh button a couple of times, the mail disappears from the inbox & I'm pretty sure that the client is not checking their mail at the time....

First, is this a known issue at all?
Second - how can I check if someone is accessing the POP mail account via a mail program (the client doesn't use webmail) ?

Thanks,
Mark

p.s. can I use autoresponders with an active pop address yet, or do I still have to use vacation message, my provider is running DA v1.205

when mail accounts are accessed a log will be placed in /var/log/maillog. This will contain the username and the IP address of the user opening the account.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for the info - I don't have full access to the server (I've bought reseller space off of a provider), so I don't think I can see these logs?

Regards,
Mark

The only way to really check it would be to contact your admin and have them do it for you.

If you provide them with the information shown in your first message in this thread I would assume they could and would check it with no problems or arguments - its not difficult and takes 5 minutes ;)

Chris

Back