Sending mail to all email accounts on a server

CCSI

Verified User
I know it is possible to send a message to all the main domain accounts on a DA server, but is it possible to send to all the individual email accounts also.... reason... to notify everyone of a planned system outage.

Thanks

David

Good question, i'm gonna follow this thread for a while...
Don't know if this is an accual solution, but aren't you aiming for all main users (so not the users who have a secundairy e-mail account for a friend or so), just the main users who can use their username of DA for e-mail ?

If so, isn't it possible to use the API and combine it with some PHP commands, or is there a easier way of doing it ?

Hello,

Admin Panel -> Show All Users (Make sure they all appear on the one page, might need to incrase the items per page) -> Select All -> Send Message.

All Admins/Reseller will show up on that page, along with Users as of 1.20.6, so everyone should get the message.. Just be sure that you can select everyone to send the message to.

John

Thanks John, that's a nice feature :)

Will it be available for users to all addresses on their domain and for resellers to all their users as well ?

Hello,

There should be a big button right on the main Reseller Panel called "Message All Users". Essentially the same thing. Or you could do the same thing as Admin: Reseller Panel -> List/Modify Users -> Select All Users (checkboxes) -> Send A Message.

Both will work.

John

I think they're referring to actually sending a message to everye-mail[/i] account you have on the server. Everyone who has a POP account. Not just users / resellers but every e-mail address.

S2S-Robert,

Absolutely correct! EVERY email account on the server!

This would be nice for notifications of scheduled maintenance and other things of that nature.

John,

Thanks for looking into it!!!!!

David (CCSI)

You can get a list of all active pop accounts using this script:

for DOMAIN in $(find /etc/virtual/* -maxdepth 0 -type d ! -type l ! -name '*_off' ! -name 'usage' ! -name 'majordomo' -printf '%f \n'); do { for USER in $(cut -d: -f1 /etc/virtual/${DOMAIN}/quota); do { echo ${USER}@${DOMAIN} >> /root/activePopAccounts.txt; }; done; }; done;

It will generate a list in /root/activePopAccounts.txt with all e-mails.

Back