Automated Account creation on DirectAdmin

DaveBeasley

Hi,

First posting here... I've been trying to track down someone who may have already done this or knows how to create software that will create many new accounts in my reseller hosting account, but in an automated way, i.e import a .txt list of domain names, create user accounts using default or program setup variables, and create mail accounts/forwarders etc for each account.

I have put this request on RentACoder -

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=575268

If anyone can do this, or has already got software that can be adapted to my request please let me know.

Cheers

Dave

If I understand the request right, you want a way of automatically creating DA accounts with a number of preset settings, where the account details are imported from .txt files?
If so, that shouldn't be much of a problem actually. I am able to offer a web-based or command-line PHP-based application, whichever you prefer. If you are interested, I can be contacted via PM or e-mail.

pm sent

Hello JTE,

What I need is a way to import a list of perhaps anything upto 100 domain names (max) at a time, and have default settings that are stored in the 'setup' part of the script applied to their creation. I'd ideally like to be able to then be presented with the list of names with their default settings, then if necessary change any default setting to whatever I'd prefer.

At the moment I have to login in to my reseller account, create a new user, set its account name, set p/wd, then login as that user and create a catch all email, autoredirection, change the default holding page + several other variables which is very time consuming. I have approx 2000+ domain names, and whilst i don't wish to do them all, I do want to do a substantial amount of them.

The additional file in the bid request outlines basically what i need. I require the app to be expandable in-case I need to perform additional changes to the accounts at a later date. The app can be either php or an exe for my pc's at home.

Whatever default values are stored in the setup section of the app, need also to be alterable before actual parsing/creation of the accounts takes place, in case (on a name by name basis) I wish to change anything such as having a specific password or redirector for any given account.

I am not creating these accounts for anyone else, they are purely for my own domain name portfolio usage. Hope this helps explain a bit better.

Cheers for your reply,

Dave

Back