RBL Checks

prashantbhushan

Verified User
Hello,
Have u changed the "example.com" URL's to the new one pointing to actual RBL URL's where IP has get blocked.
It will be beneficial for the clients and us to remove the same, if one of our genuine IP get blacklisted.

We change example.com to point to a page where we've explained how to get unblocked.

You can see our page here. You may copy our page but you cannot copy the artwork, as we don't own it and don't have permission to give it to you.

Please do NOT forward people to our page; if we get unblock requests from folk for domains we don't host we simply let them know that we can't unblock them because we didn't block them in the first place. It's extra work for us and doesn't help you or the people trying to email you or your clients.

Jeff

Can u please advice me, how to use this page ?

jlasman said:
We change example.com to point to a page where we've explained how to get unblocked.

You can see our page here. You may copy our page but you cannot copy the artwork, as we don't own it and don't have permission to give it to you.

Please do NOT forward people to our page; if we get unblock requests from folk for domains we don't host we simply let them know that we can't unblock them because we didn't block them in the first place. It's extra work for us and doesn't help you or the people trying to email you or your clients.

Jeff

You shouldn't send anyone to our URL; if you do, we'll simply respond that we don't host the domain and can't help them.

Instead create a page ofy our own, and use the URL to that page.

You can copy our entire site (using either wget or simply save the source from your browser) but you'll have to change every reference to SpamBlocked and spamblocked.net; that's us.

You also cannot use those images; we don't have the rights to give you rights to them.

So either don't use images, create or find your own, or create the page to look like the rest of your site.

I hope this has been helpful.

Jeff

Thanks.. Jeff.

jlasman said:
You shouldn't send anyone to our URL; if you do, we'll simply respond that we don't host the domain and can't help them.

Instead create a page ofy our own, and use the URL to that page.

You can copy our entire site (using either wget or simply save the source from your browser) but you'll have to change every reference to SpamBlocked and spamblocked.net; that's us.

You also cannot use those images; we don't have the rights to give you rights to them.

So either don't use images, create or find your own, or create the page to look like the rest of your site.

I hope this has been helpful.

Jeff

Jeff....I see that in May, 2007 the link to http://opm.blitzed.org/info is dead.

They posted

Blitzed formerly maintained a DNSBL of compromised hosts. It was discontinued in May 2006 and should no longer be queried. Please do not contact us regarding your entry in any DNSBL. If you are a user of BOPM see the updated configuration file for details of some other DNSBLs suitable for use with IRC.

There's more detail at
http://lists.blitzed.org/pipermail/opm-announce/2006q2/000015.html

While I don't believe the current version of Spamblocker uses opm, the reporting page references it.

We don't use them. We copied some examples from various places years ago when we developed that page. You're welcome to create your own :) .

Jeff

We don't use them. We copied some examples from various places years ago when we developed that page. You're welcome to create your own :) .

Jeff

Jeezzz....I was just trying to be helpful, since you held that page out as an example, I thought you and everyone else who used it might want to know that one of the links is no longer active.

But of course, I guess one could argue that since it's not active, no one would come to your page looking for for that as a reason they were bounced.

Mom was right, No good deed goes unpunished.

Back