modifying accouts with API

jmccoy

Verified User
Hi, im curious if the API allows for account modifcations to accounts that already exist on the server. For example useing my billing software if a customer wants to upgrade or downgrade his account to a different plan will the API handle this currently. Also say for upselling and stuff where as i may sell an extra 50mb of storage or say more email accounts. I know everything can be modifyied from the admin panel but does the API support doing all of this?

Thanks
Justin

Yes, the API is bascially just a php interface with the exact same functions. Anything that can be done through the panel can be done through the API. The only difference is that the results that are given are made into an easily parseable format which can be used in a script.

John

Ok great i was looking at your doc. for using the API and found most of what i needed. The only thing i couldnt find was how to change a users package.

Ie a user just wanted to upgrade packages or downgrade packages. In the cp you can just change the package if you want to change all the setting instead of changing all of setting one at a time. It may just be that the documation for the API is out of date im not sure, if so you could you paste the stuff i need to simple change a users package or just point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Justin

<form action="CMD_MODIFY_USER" method="POST">
<input type=hidden name=action value=package>
<input type=hidden name=user value="bob">
<select class=selectlclass name=package>
<option selected value=newpackage>newpackage</option>
</select ><input type=submit value="Save">
</form>

So..
CMD_MODIFY_USER via POST
action=package