automated Signup script?

ent_hosting.com

hi, I was wondering if it was possible to create/download a automated signup script... so as my clients don't need to pester me to get a account?

if it is could somone tell me how or tell me were to download one?

:confused:

The DA integration for Whos.Cart is now available :)

I was privy to be the "guinea pig" for testing it so they could release it. It's now running on my server and works nicely!

It creates customer accounts in DA using the plans you have already designed. Once the customer completes the order process they are taken to a payment screen. If they stop there, it puts the order on "pending" status in Whois.Cart. At that point you can manually activate it and it will create the account inside DA. If they complete the payment process, it will do this automatically!

Tested and working! (but not yet live on my site.. still playing with it to become familiar :) )

Check it out all. The FIRST one to offer DA integration!

I'm looking at their site and their demo seems a bit confusing...

I can't see how you'd easily know to add hosting and get it set up.

Do you have an integrated site yet I an look at in an attempt to understand how this would work for me?

Thanks.

Jeff

I'm putting the finishing touches on my copy and it will be active in the next day or so. It's very configurable and easy to use.. which comming from me is a good thing LOL

Their site is a bit out of date according to the owner (who I delt with). The new version being released in about a week or so is a revamp of the script so they will be updating the site for it.

I'll post an update when it's up and running so people can take a look.

Hi, Two_A_T
I just purchased whois cart and installed it on my server.
I downloaded and configured the directadmin plug for my server, but I'm not sure where I should upload the DA files?

Also after uploading the files to the corect location will I see a direct admin configuration option in the whois cart?

Thanks for your time and help -Jason

jdlitson said:
Hi, Two_A_T
I just purchased whois cart and installed it on my server.
I downloaded and configured the directadmin plug for my server, but I'm not sure where I should upload the DA files?

This part I can't help you with. I didn't do the physical install on mine, they did for their testing purposes then just turned it over to me and walked me through some of the menus until my server went down due to DC maintainance. Contact their support about this.

jdlitson said:
Also after uploading the files to the corect location will I see a direct admin configuration option in the whois cart?

Thanks for your time and help -Jason

As for this part, no. There won't be any changes in the actual menus or options in the script itself. The script interfaces with the DA module so it knows how to "talk" to DA and make the required changes to accounts. Unfortunately I can't tell you much more than this because they installed and config'd mine for me. Contact their support people or go to their forums and check with them.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I basically supplied my server as a "guinea pig" for them to test the DA module and make it work. In exchange, I was able to keep the script once they were done. So, I wasn't involved in the install or config.

Hope my extremely LOW amount of info helps at least a little :)
Congrats on the purchase. I think once you get it running you'll be very satisfied with it!

Have you tested the script with the new sessions based login system? I just want to make sure the new method doesn't completely break everything for you. (It just depends how they implemented the http auth)

John

Thanks for your reply, Two_A_T
Every little bit helps :D

Best regards -Jason

DirectAdmin Support said:
Have you tested the script with the new sessions based login system? I just want to make sure the new method doesn't completely break everything for you. (It just depends how they implemented the http auth)

John

John..

I just created a dummy order and it created the account in DA with no problems.

Would it matter that I was already signed into DA (under the old signin- haven't signed out and back in using the new login yet) while it did this?

Close all browsers, go into your script, then try creating a user. If the user is created, it works, if not, the http auth might need to be changed in your script. Another alternative (if it doesn't work) is to call CMD_LOGIN first, then call CMD_ACCOUNT_USER (with all the parameters). This will ensure that you have a session active.

John

Back