RSS Feeds (DA forums)

servertweak

Verified User
is there anyway to have rss feeds going on the forums ?

i do know when upgrading to the latest VB this can be provided..

- please advise

servertweak,

I've moved this thread; it's an Off-Topic Discussion and not a feature request because it has to do with features on the forum, not on DA itself.

I haven't figured out how to set it up; the administration system seems to show how to read an RSS feed, and not set one up.

But that's probably just because I'm new to RSS feeds.

If DA staff (they own the forum) will allow it, and if they don't know how to set it up, perhaps you can walk me through it? We appear to be in the same timezone and I don't mind the cost of the call.

First step is to ask DA staff...

Jeff

Hello,

I'm not opposed to it... but what do you want us to broadcast?
I'm assuming stuff like DA releases and such.
I've never heard of it myself (just did 2 minutes of googling on it), so have to figure out what exactly it does before we can decide if we want it ;)

John

We probably want it, John. Though oldtimers like us don't use it, it's either the next best thing or the current best thing depending on who you ask :) .

In short, it's a way people can see new stuff without having to look for it; it's kind of a push system.

And it is supported by the current forum software.

So, yes, what exactly what we push?

And someone's going to have to walk one of us through setting it up; I don't mind doing that.

Jeff

Last edited:
Cool, RSS would be very nice.

Geeze, are you guys living in a cave? I suppose next thing you'll be telling us that you don't know what AJAX is....

;)

Duncan

Sure I do. :) I always read Wikipedia entries before I respond if I'm not sure. You'll stop paying the MS tax when you start coding with Ajax.

You can find the Wikipedia entry here.

Jeff

Yes I did it - I revived an old topic.

Decided to add DA software updates (the forum) to my RSS reader to keep tabs on DA and non-DA updates.

RSS button still nowhere to be found.

Any plans on setting this up?

Thank you!

I'll second this - I personally, am not interested in RSS feeds from the forums in general... but am interested in release announcements, version updates, etc. :)

Hi,

I guess there is no movement yet on this...

I have subscribed RSS feeds for almost every software I use. Very easy on my iphone/ipad I read those subscriptions from one screen and just one click to go to the article if it is interesting for me.

So... Yes please enable RSS on the forum... Would help me.

regards
Michel.

Back