Creating mysql db/user

barry

Verified User
I looked around and couldn't find any easy way to do this.

When a user creates a database I would like DA to add the user as with the '%' host as well as 'localhost' so users can connect to mysql from there home PCs.

Is there a way to do that? Or is the grant command done from inside the DA code?

-Barry

If you want to do it via the control panel check out this topic.

If you want it added right after you created the user you should add a shell script that runs right after the user creation. Don't recall where it's located and couldn't easily find it, but it's a script that runs right before / after you created / deleted the user.

Theres a guide in the checklist, check my sig for link :)

Chris

S2S-Robert said:
If you want it added right after you created the user you should add a shell script that runs right after the user creation. Don't recall where it's located and couldn't easily find it, but it's a script that runs right before / after you created / deleted the user. [/B]

Where do I add this shell script? I didn't see any mention of in the New Server Checklist topic.

barry said:
Where do I add this shell script? I didn't see any mention of in the New Server Checklist topic.

To run scripts upon domain creation or deletion you can use the system built into DA - information can be found here:

http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=183

The checklist contains a link (under add-ons and advice section) to creating additional users in phpmyadmin.

Chris

Back