'How to' question (not sure if this is the right place to post this, but....)

Rachel

I upload files into my public_html folder but can't figure out the link to post on my site to access them. Shouldn't it just be - "myhomepage"/file.bla? Even the directadmin logo that I got automatically doesn't show up when I post that kind of link ("myhomepage"/logo.jpg). All my files and appropriate folders are set to the right permission code. So, what's the link for files when you upload them to public_html?

yeah, I tried the "http://domain/logo.jpg" thing and it doesn't work. I don't understand what you mean by "same level". What folder do my files have to be in for me to use them on my website? Right now, they're in the 'public_html' folder and they don't work. The logo is in that folder, too and I can't get it to appear.

Hello,

You might double check that your domain is actually going to that server (just to make sure). Just find an html file that *is* working, edit it through the filemanager, save, and see if the change is showing up through your browser. The public_html folder is the correct folder.

John

Back